How to pick the right maternity bra:
The most important thing when buying a maternity bra is that the maternity bra fits properly and feels comfortable. It shouldn't feel tight or make your breasts spill out of the cups.
Why should you wear a maternity bra?
When your pregnant, your breast can grow up to two cup sizes. Not only do they get bigger but also heavier. This can cause issues such as back and neck aches. A maternity bra offers more support and is designed to prevent and relieve such aches.
Tips for buying a maternity bra:
- Try on different models and sizes so you know what feels comfortable
- Close the bra hook on the tightest hook so you can loosen it when your boobs have grown
- Pay attention to the bra straps: the wider the straps the more support you'll get
- Also look out for seams, your breasts will most likely get more sensitive so any seam can already annoy you
- Ask the store staff for help, they know what to pay attention to and can give you advice regarding sizes
Want to know more about bras and pregnancy? Check out this page for information on nursing bras. Are you planning to go on holiday but don't know what to wear with your bump? Read these tips on how to enjoy the sun and your summer pregnancy Or read more about maternity underwear here !