At Hunkemöller, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our customers and our systems.
Please do the following:
• E-mail your findings to email@example.com with the subject ‘security vulnerability’.
• Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
• Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
• Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
• Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
• Vulnerabilities that are out of scope:
o Missing security headers, such as X-frame options, CSP, XSS
o SSL certificate and other SSL issues
o Missing account lockout mechanisms, any password brute forcing
o And other vulnerabilities already known to HM and considered low risk
• Vulnerabilities that are in scope:
o Injection vulnerabilities
o Privilege escalation
o Remote code execution
o Open, non-public directories
o Exposed customer data
• Vulnerabilities in a vendor’s system that exposes HM related data:
o If you find that any data related to HM is or might be exposed due to a vulnerability affecting one of HM’s vendors, you may report it to us. We will make sure to follow up with the relevant service provider. However, please be informed that in such case Rewards as determined by HM will not apply while you still might be eligible for reward from the third-party.
What we promise:
• We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation and the next steps to resolve the issue.
• If you have complied with the above-mentioned conditions, we will not take legal action against you about the report.
• We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
• We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
• In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and
• As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a serious security problem that was not yet known to us.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role if needed in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
Hunkemöller B.V. June 2021